View Single Post
Old December 16 2011, 12:35 PM   #96
saturn5
Fleet Captain

Re: Once More, With Feeling: my big Buffy/Angel canon rewatch/reread/r

Seven Swans a Swimming wrote: View Post
ElfEars wrote: View Post
It's silly, but not because she's big and scary - I don't think she's any scarier than Spike or Angel, apart from the hypnotism, and she has never been portrayed as a great fighter, while Spike has - it's silly because she shouldn't lose consciousness, because vampires don't need to breathe.
Oops, I think I missed the part about vampires not being able to lose consciousness off my post. I do find it absurd that it slipped through, and my post is silly because I posted my thought not fully realised.

As for big and scary, I'm probably exaggerating, but I at least thought she'd be able to put up some sort of fight after she'd just killed Kendra in part one. It left me with the impression that something big might have to happen to stop her, which is another reason, for me, why the choking scene falls flat.

It's a really small thing though - aside from Becoming Part One (and that's only from the hypnotism/slashing Kendra's throat), Drusilla was never built up as a big fighter or anything, so I can undertand why they didn't go down that route. Well I suppose her boyfriend taking her down and away from town is a big thing!

I'll get my coat.

And saturn5, I didn't know there was a stop-motion comic. The concept sounds interesting enough though I don't know what the subject is. I've only sort of dipped my toes into Buffy comics - I have the first three paperback collections from season 8, so I'm a bit behind on everything really. No Angel comics either.
I remember Juliet did her 'Look at all the people' line at a convention once and it chilled me to the bone!

The stop motion comics are basically the Buffy comics in animated form and they're pretty great, probably even more so if you haven't read the paper versions and are getting them fresh
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote