View Single Post
Old December 15 2011, 06:46 PM   #933
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Re: Movies Seen in 2011

105. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - B. Pretty good anime which mixes some serious themes about the consequences of time travel with some fairly typical coming-of-age stuff. Has a couple of memorable plot twists.

106. Mimic - C-. Picked this up on a Black Friday sale (maybe the same one Harvey did) for really cheap. The best part of the movie is probably the opening credits sequences which is actually pretty cool. The movie suffers from not really having it's own identity, as many of the scenes are lifted straight from Alien or Aliens: there's a scene with a bunch of eggs in a power plant (maybe it's not a power plant but it's close enough); there's a scene where they're boxed into a rail car that mirrors the scene from aliens where they're boxed in the armored vehicle (complete with a "mimic" poking it's head in and getting several rounds to the face); there's scenes where they're crawling around through sewers that resemble the air duct scenes from Alien 1 or 3. The creature effects at times look pretty grainy, not future-proofed for high def I suppose. It's not a really bad movie, and as a B-movie monster film it's probably worth what I paid for it.