View Single Post
Old December 15 2011, 12:26 PM   #90
saturn5
Fleet Captain

Re: Once More, With Feeling: my big Buffy/Angel canon rewatch/reread/r

Let me ask a question, Spuffer or Bangeler? (Fuffer myself)

One thing you didn't comment on, Dru's attraction to Giles? 'Daddys home' as Barney would say. Also the Buffy/Joyce scene is heartrending and great, Buffy's mum finally gets over her denial and knows the truth, no wonder the writers kept giving Kristine more and more to do. Plus the Slayer/gay subtext. More and more proof of Spike's humanity if it were needed.

Becoming pt2

The Good;
All of it, every scene between Spike and Buffy, Giles and Angelus and Spike and Joyce. Great scenes with all the Scoobies and the ending just too heartwrenching for words, especially with Sarah MacClachlan's beautiful music, all classic.

The Bad;
Are you kidding? It's all too wonderful!

Best line;
Joyce; "Have you tried NOT being a Slayer?"

Character death; Angel or so we think?
Shot;
Tied up; Giles and tortured
Knocked out; Dru which is rather strange, Spike seems able to knock her out with a chokehold despite the fact that she doesn't breathe and has no circulation.
Women good/men bad;

Questions and observations;
Joyce thinks Buffy is the Slayer because she didn't have a strong male role-model. Of course she'll later find out that Buffy is the Slayer because she did, she had Giles. The first (and only unless you can correct me) appearance of Willow's 'resolve face'. Xander's remarks at her bedside set the basis for their relationship in season 3. Willow successfully casts her first spell. Why is Buffy still wanted when Xander and Cordy can back up her story? Spike's reluctance to end the world seems odd considering he was happy to do it earlier
A couple of points that escaped me about Becoming pt2, firstly Dru seems to be deeply enamoured of Giles but then she always did have a thing for 'daddy'. Secondly as Jenny Dru says to Giles that they'll get to do all the things they never had a chance to implying that Giles and Jenny never did have sex

10/10 and I need a hug
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote