View Single Post
Old December 14 2011, 08:55 PM   #413
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I just read about this last night (sorry, I'm slow on STO news). I am thrilled, as I loved the game but couldn't afford the month to month, and lifetime just wasn't going to happen. I'm a very casual player, and mostly just liked hanging around in universe, visiting other ships and stations, and doing side missions here and there. I have my T5 Galaxy class retrofit, which makes me happy, and I can't wait to reconnect with my crew after being away for so long (I haven't played in almost a year now).

Having checked the F2P limitations, I don't actually see anything that I dislike. What they give away, I was paying $15 a month to do! The limitations are very reasonable, to the point where I'm wondering how they'll make money this way. I mean, full, unrestricted access, I get to keep my ship, crew and costumes as they are, I get 48 slots in the bank (I never used more than 10). What a deal!

Now I just have to hold out until Jan. 17th, which will feel like forever.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄