View Single Post
Old December 14 2011, 08:40 PM   #62
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Re: If you don't think Nemesis is better than Star trek 2009....

trek_futurist wrote: View Post
Satyrquaze wrote: View Post
I’m a bit dumbfounded how you can (rather smugly) say you appreciate Star Trek for its philosophical merits, one of the primary being “Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations”; yet, in your very first statement in your original post you pointedly make an attempt to alienate anyone who disagrees with your point of view by saying they are not Star Trek fans. This, I think is the true intended goal of your post.

Your original post is divisive, judgmental, hostile, close-minded, and condescending. If this is what Star Trek represents to a “true” fan, I want nothing to do with it.
Do not use semantics to refer to someone criticizing a substance-less caricature that bears the namesake of star trek as being what, in fact, those who defend the tripe of this 2009 travesty are. Which is closed minded and ignorant of what the impetus of star trek is.

And that is (as a reminder to those who missed it) humanism, intelligence, philosophy, tolerance and science.

I find it quaint when someone attempts to dissuade the discussion by using reverse semantics to refer to people who question the merits of a mindless, substance-less movie as what they, in fact, are. Very quaint indeed.
Thank you for re-iterating my point by basically repeating yourself. We're done here. You're a troll, nothing more.

EDIT: I appreciate that you cite: humanism, intelligence, philosophy, and tolerance as hallmarks of Star Trek. Since your posts exhibit none of those.

Last edited by Satyrquaze; December 14 2011 at 09:10 PM.