View Single Post
Old December 14 2011, 06:23 PM   #29
trek_futurist
Lieutenant Commander

Re: If you don't think Nemesis is better than Star trek 2009....

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
trek_futurist wrote: View Post
KingDaniel wrote: View Post
Nero murdered 6 billion. Kirk Prime (and Chris Pine's is just as "real") never came up against ANYTHING like that - not from anyone accountable (i.e. not the doomsday machine)
non-sense.

Khan had every intention of killing billions with the genesis device, kirk still did not blow him out of the sky when the reliant was a sitting duck. That is the character of kirk, and the mark of a good starfleet officer who practices the principles espoused by the federation.
You mean like when Kirk offered to help Nero and his crew, even over Spock's objections?
What you see as a crime, I see as Kirk ensuring that there was NO CHANCE Nero or any part of his ship could survive to reek havok further in the past. Something he only did AFTER his offer of mercy was rejected.
That logic is silly. Mercy was 'rejected'? Real kirk would have taken him prisoner and seen that justice was met without destroying his sitting duck vessel like a coward. Regardless of whether his 'mercy was rejected'. And by the way, I find imposter kirks 'mercy' quite condescending and arrogant in those final moments.

My take is that the writers were trying to appeal to people who think it's okay to destroy other people in times of war, that some 'gung ho' behavior is acceptable. This more closely resembles todays awful political climate when it comes to moral acts in times of war. It's sickening.