View Single Post
Old December 14 2011, 03:58 PM   #2557
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

The preview, which I saw this morning, is hugely ambitious and technically outstanding, and culminates in a stunt the like of which I’ve never seen before. But there’s one enormous problem with it, and it’s going to overshadow any amount of excitement the sequence will otherwise generate. Tom Hardy’s dialogue is almost completely unintelligible.

Throughout the sequence, Bane makes clear the details of his nefarious plot – or, rather, he would have done if he didn’t sound like he was chewing on a pair of socks at the same time. Amid all the spluttering, I just about caught that it involves a “Dr Pawel” and something to do with blood.

Naturally, the only talking point – or mumbling point – on the way out was if anyone had understood what on earth Bane was saying. (Nobody had.) This kind of buzz can only be counterproductive: thousands of cinema-goers who see the footage over the next few weeks will now think of Nolan’s next film as “that one where you can’t understand what the bad guy says”.
Spoilers at the link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...s-problem.html
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote