View Single Post
Old December 14 2011, 07:07 AM   #527
Bad-Wolf
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Oh, I didn't saw this thread before. Well, I'm new here. I'm Alexandre, 22 years old, living in Belgium, blah blah blah.
I think the first time I've watched Star Trek was actually... T.J. Hooker. For some reasons I was a fan of Shatner when I was a kid, from this soap opera. And then my grandfather showed me a VHS of The Motion Picture. And since then Star Trek always have been a part of my life. But some remote part. Until... Until I remembered about that when I was 17 or so, and I decided to buy the first season of all Trek shows. And then I fall in love with DS9. I like the others though.
But since here people discovered TOS in the 80's, Star Trek has a bad reputation (bad quality and so on) and most people laugh at me when I'm talking about Star Trek :P
Even an American, who told me once she was a Star Trek fan, and happy to see a "revival" of the Star Trek franchise. Then I started to argue why this movie was really bad. And she answered "Oh, please stop, I'm not that kind of Star Trek fan. But I'm sure you'll find plenty of Americans with whom you can talk about that."
Hopefully since then I've discovered the novels, and I'm less angry about JJ's movie, but still,...
Anyway, enough talking.

See ya!
Bad-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote