View Single Post
Old December 14 2011, 04:28 AM   #78
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Does It Get Better???

AdmiralScreed wrote: View Post
I just watched Parturition and Persistence of Vision. Here are my thoughts.

Parturition: Quite a good episode. As I expected we eventually would, we finally saw some conflict between Paris and Neelix over Kes. Seeing them come to respect one another in the end was very satisfying, and I really liked the reptilian "alien of the week." All in all, a very satisfying episode that featured some good develop for both Tom Paris and Neelix, and even Kes to a lesser extent.
7/10

Persistence of Vision: Next to Elogium, this is probably the weakest episode of the season so far. The alien of the week for this episode didn't make a lot of sense, and I didn't feel like there was a real focus throughout the episode. By the end I didn't feel like this episode had accomplished anything. It just dragged a lot and felt like complete filler. Not terrible, but definitely a big disappointment.
3/10
I feel just the opposite.
I enjoyed "Persistance...." better than "Parturition".
I think it was one of the few times while the character is still around, the series showed that Kes had potential to be so much more.
"Parturtion" seems petty.
With all the hot young women on Voyager, it just seemed stupid that Tom would set his sights on Kes and so blatantly in front of Neelix.