View Single Post
Old December 7 2011, 01:14 AM   #188
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

^And Bendis is indeed soon wrapping things up for his Avengers run...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=35772

And not only will 2012 will be a particularly big year for Marvel's top-billed super team, it will also mark Bendis' last year working on the Avengers titles. The writer began crafting the adventures of Earth's Mightiest Heroes in 2004, and after eight years, he's finally ready to bring his run to an end.

"I'm going to wrap up 'Avengers' and 'New Avengers.' At the same time the first storyline of 'Avengers Assemble' will be done," Bendis told CBR. "It's a good time to move on to other things. Before I go, though, I'm ending things big. I'm in countdown mode. You know when you're watching a show like 'Breaking Bad,' and every episode feels like the second to last episode? That's where I'm at. I've been on the Avengers longer than anybody in the history of the book. When you take everything into account, I've written over 200 issues. I'm very, very proud of that, and what we have coming up this summer gives me the opportunity to go out on a high note. I know enough about showbiz to know that's a great time to go."
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
by the way feel free to discuss all things Marvel in this thread as it was originally intended to involve the greater banner of Heroic Age. Now Shattered Heroes.
If this is going to be an ongoing discussion thread for Marvel, then maybe a thread title change would be appropriate. That way we don't get excess threads like the X-Men vs Avengers thread. Maybe "Marvel ongoing discussion, formerly Heroic Age"?