View Single Post
Old December 6 2011, 11:49 PM   #522
ActionAce1982
Ensign

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Hi, everyone! I'm a new member and I have a sad tale to tell. I've been alive 29 years and up until about a week ago, I had NEVER watched any Star Trek episode, cartoon, or movie. Feel free to throw tomatoes at me, I deserve it. I grew up with TOS in syndicated reruns on a daily basis. I remember the cartoons on Nickelodeon, but never watched them. I was around when TNG, DS9, and Voyager were in their original runs, but I never watched them. I've never seen any of the movies. I warned you, this is a sad sad tale.

But about a week ago, some buddies and I were talking about Sci-Fi and they convinced me to watch Star Wars (another sad tale very similar to this one). I loved it and I started asking questions about the Star Trek movies. My friend Keith suggested that I should start with "Wrath of Khan" but as a pre-requisite I should watch "Space Seed".

So I watched "Space Seed" online and I was HOOKED! I loved it, and became a Trekkie that instant. I then became curious about the pilot episode "The Cage", so I watched "The Menagerie Parts 1 & 2". Loved it. I then decided I wanted to learn everything possible about this show that had eluded me all these years.

So I am here fellow Trekkie and I ask your forgiveness for my 29 years of mis-spent youth (although in all fairness, I could probably answer just about any Superman question you could have ;-) It was a big chunk of money but I bought the Remastered DVDs and they are in the mail as I type this. In the meantime I've been watching the eppies on startrek.com

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to visiting these boards! Live long and prosper.
ActionAce1982 is offline   Reply With Quote