View Single Post
Old December 6 2011, 03:59 PM   #67
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral
View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Icemizer wrote: View Post
As long as we get some good Clark/Lex banter I will be all over this.
That's a definite advantage to a novel; it's not limited to cast availability the way the series is.

Despite never having watched Smallville until the finale, I'd be curious about a Smallville novel. I love BQM's run on Batgirl, and if his Smallville work is similar, I'd be interested.

I am a little disappointed that DC isn't taking a page from IDW (with Angel) and Dark Horse (with Buffy) and doing a "season 11" Smallville in comics. But I'm told that the Smallville comics published nearly a decade ago didn't sell well (the trade collection isn't even in print any longer), and even back in the 80s the Superboy tie-in comic wasn't much of a success. (One oddity with the Superboy comic, by the way -- DC didn't have likeness rights to the actors, so even though the stories took place in series continuity, the characters looked like their DCU equivalents.)
"When David Marcus cited the great thinkers of history -- "Newton, Einstein, Surak" -- Newt Gingrich did not make his list." -- 24 January 2012
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote