View Single Post
Old December 5 2011, 11:11 PM   #2518
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

davejames wrote: View Post
Actually, lack of crossovers is one of the best things about the relaunch so far. I hated, and dropped many a book because of, the publisher's insistence that every title turn into an incomplete chapter of some giant team - up.
We are three months in. DC is still re-establishing their characters and titles. The next big event will, no doubt, be back by next summer (with the next wave of titles spinning out from it). Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if DC makes some announcement by the sixth month mark.

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Superman now is different than, and better, then Byrne's reboot turned out to be after the first year or two (and I liked Byrne's version). It's different, and way more "human" than that "Birthright" shit. It's way better than the crap jms was doing, either in the regular series or "Earthe One." It's better than any of the "Secret Origin" stuff by Johns that I've read.
You might like this new story better than the last story, but that doesn't mean DC is writing things stylistically different from before (which they aren't).