View Single Post
Old December 5 2011, 03:18 AM   #2509
the G-man
Commodore

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Broccoli wrote: View Post
My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Supes with a little edge and attitude works, and it's shocking how simple it seems to be even for Perez to introduce some believable human friction into Clark's relationships with other human beings.
So, basically what they've been doing with the character for the last 10-20 years.
Presactly.
Broccoli wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I guess just for me personally I don't see much difference story telling wise between now and say what we were getting a few months ago.
Because there really isn't any.
Yeah.

Don't get me wrong. There are some good stories and DC probably needed to clean out the continuity again. And it was probably almost worth it to get rid of the Lois-Superman marriage.

But except for Superman, there's almost nothing that DC is doing storywise that couldn't have been accomplished without a reboot, or at least by doing what used to be known as a "soft reboot" (ie, just ignore the stuff you don't want to write about).

To make matters worse, the one character that probably needed the reboot almost as much as Superman--Batman--was the one who was forced to keep most of the past ten or twenty years of built up detritus. His continuity is more screwed up than ever, what with the five Robins in five years or whatever.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote