View Single Post
Old December 5 2011, 02:34 AM   #2507
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Santa Kang wrote: View Post
I liked his first Cap run, but the follow up was weak.
There was a ton of editorial interference on his second run whereas there was none during the first go-around.

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
it's all a vast improvement over the oldDC.
Eh...I like the changes, but the writing and direction are all on par with pre-New 52.

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Supes with a little edge and attitude works, and it's shocking how simple it seems to be even for Perez to introduce some believable human friction into Clark's relationships with other human beings.
So, basically what they've been doing with the character for the last 10-20 years.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I guess just for me personally I don't see much difference story telling wise between now and say what we were getting a few months ago.
Because there really isn't any.

Lets call a spade a spade. The New 52 was nothing more than a stunt to get new readers. It was successful, but the approach DC has taken when constructing their stories isn't any different than what was already being done. Truth is, they didn't need to change their approach since the audience they were going for were not reading DC to begin with, those "new" readers wouldn't know the difference.

Most of the DC titles are middling at best. The only one that's actually worth a damn is The Flash.