View Single Post
Old December 4 2011, 08:07 PM   #445
Seven of Five
Commodore

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

I don't like Sanctuary. It's probably better than Melora and Second Sight, but that's damning with faint praise.

I think the universal translator is one of those things that shouldn't be drawn attention to, as essentially is magic. If you're going to make a successful story in the vein of Darmok, then fair enough, but I don't know why the plotline was tacked onto this episode. It just added to the mess, really.

I didn't like how the Skreeans got their noses bent out of shape about not being allowed to settle on Bajor. Sure it's disappointing, but geez guys move on, it's not your land. Just because the Bajorans don't want you living with them as they're only just getting over sixty years of occupation, doesn't make them wrong. I'd totally lost sympathy with them by the end of the episode, so didn't feel anything at all for the forced drama at the end with the dead son.

I also hated the Skreeans makeup, which is a very strange thing to hate. I think it's just something that stuck from when I was watching it when I was younger.