View Single Post
Old December 2 2011, 09:43 PM   #431
Seven of Five
Commodore

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

Second Sight is terrible. Poor Sisko. But he comes a hell of a way in season three, so there's that to look forward to. Romance of the week is back with a fiery vengeance, and it's poorly contrived to get to the meat of the episode, which wasn't worth all of the fuss getting there in the first place.

Unfortunately, it's a bit like being back in the first season with the next run of episode. The excellence was there at the beginning of the year, and will be there again by the end, but the middle is very middling.

I'll get my coat.

Now, since this episode is already quite bad, I can't help but nitpick. I refer you to the four year anniversary of Jennifer's death. Isn't that a bit out of whack with the timeline established in TNG? As a cliffhanger/season opener, Best of Both Worlds would have been at the end of one year, and the start of another. This episode is set a third of the way into the season. A third. A third of the way into the year is April, and the only anniversary worth recognising that month is my birthday.

Shocked and appalled doesn't even begin to describe it.