View Single Post
Old December 2 2011, 06:34 AM   #421
Admiral Shran
Admiral

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

Ln X wrote: View Post
By the way Admiral Shran I like what you've done to Kira's mouth. Thumbs up for ruining such a nice-looking face!

flemm wrote: View Post
Overall, I think you're underrating this episode quite a bit.
Ah, the return of the lower than expected scores. I missed those during the B5 review.

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
I picked the nits out of Voyager and now I'm doing the same to DS9 so that nobody can accuse me for being a Trekist.
Weren't you already accused of that in the VOY review?

Overall, Necessary Evil is probably my favorite of Season Two, though it comes up against some tough competition at the end of the season.

The one thing I absolutely love about it is its characterization of Dukat - a man who while clearly not a good person is completely and easily able to use his charm to get people to look past his crimes. As for whether he believes his own lie, I believe he does. I think that's later shown clearly in the episode Waltz (which is one of my all-time favorites of the series). Dukat is a man who knows what he does is wrong but desperately wants people to ignore that and like him anyway.