View Single Post
Old November 29 2011, 04:13 PM   #620
the G-man
Commodore
 
the G-man's Avatar
 
Location: to your immediate right
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Did Shane upset the Eco-system? The Farm was special in it's lack of Zombies, like there was a "Sonic Rodent Fence". Could it be rounding up the occasional Zombie and putting it into the "Stink Box" Barn has served as that "Sonic Fence". Zombies weren't attracted by the fresh meat, because the stench of all those trapped Zombies put off a smell that covered the Fresh Meat human smell, so Zombies weren't drawn there. Now, when the Zombie corpses are cleaned up, you no longer have that stench to cover the Fresh Human meat and maybe hordes will be drawn to such a large cache of fresh Human meat without competition.
Possible, but I don't see it as likely. Atlanta, the school they went to for medical supplies, those areas were crawling with zombies, but none wandered off in favor of better hunting grounds.

Easiest explanation is just that it's a rural area. Their sense of smell has to be limited, and when you've got miles of nothing around, nothing to draw you through all the woods and fields to that farm. Every now and then one wanders by, but just not in great frequency because it's so isolated. Even with the "sonic fence", they were still attracting attention occasionally, so it can't have been doing much to discourage them...
This. The farm was out in the middle of nowhere. Furthermore, it's been tacitly established that the zombie's sense of smell is limited to a few feet or yards (otherwise, they'd have smelled everyone under the cars in the first place). They aren't undead bloodhounds.


Derishton wrote: View Post
ITL wrote: View Post
DarKush wrote: View Post
Shane's hesitation when it came to Sophia was one of the few things I had issues with at the end. He had been going on about writing her off for two episodes and he's the one that initiated the zombie massacre. It didn't make sense for him to freeze then. I think it was more plot driven to get Rick in that position of pulling the trigger. It should've been Shane.
I disagree. It had to be Rick. We needed to see that he can make the really hard decisions that Shane can't. Shane's no leader. Rick is. And that is why.
This. It really seems to me that much of the criticism the show has received this season is directed at the things it's doing really, really well. The pace of the search for Sophia is necessary to set up the horror of the ending; Shane's blowhard status is undermined by his hesitation when it comes to shotting a child that he knew....
Presactly.

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
O'Dib wrote: View Post
...if everyone's already infected, why does the virus kill only after a bite? You're saying the bite introduces not a zombie virus, but a separate strain of zombie killer bacteria?
Maybe the virus kicks in when a person is seriously injured. In other words, it's supposed to heal, but turns them into a zombie instead.
From what I've read in interviews about the comic book:
1. Everyone is infected. Everyone who dies who isn't beheaded becomes a zombie.
2. Zombie bites are almost, but not always, fatal. Not so much because of the virus per se but probably because a zombie's mouth is made up of dead, rotting flesh full of all sorts of nasty germs.
3. Without adequate medical care that almost is definitely.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote