View Single Post
Old November 29 2011, 05:29 AM   #32
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: Shaping a Cardassian--"Among the Dragons" -- Edited

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
I know you showed me something with the ratatoon tradition before, but even then, the reaction of these little nonconformist ratatoon was adorable and so fitting considering the odd couple they "represent."
The previous ratatoon time was the prompt at AdAstra and Jarol and Toral's wedding.

Now, is that blue part of the eye ridges that you have in your avatar what you're describing here? Does that mean your version of Gul Ocett is following an ancient custom for some reason?
I am not sure Gul Ocett put that blue colouring to follow a tradition, because I don't think the tradition is that strong anymore. More of she wanted it to be a part of her make-up without a deeper meaning.

A bit like bindi not being only a red dot, but coming an any other form and often just as a decoration.
One thing that surprised me a bit was that it seemed like the wedding rehearsal and the wedding were on the same day; why did they not rehearse it on a different day? (Which would also include stuff like being sure to arrange for the recording of the vows beforehand rather than figuring out the need for it at the last minute.) Is that because Cardassians don't think they need rehearsals? This could be a real cultural difference here, so I wanted to know if that's what you intended.
I think the preparations took some time, but the final thing happened all within one day. I am not even sure any special rehearsals are necessary, but in this case Kapoor had to learn a lot of things.

I'm very glad Ms. Karama got to come to the wedding. I'm surprised her horror of a husband let her, but that's fortunate that she was able to offer her support to her son and to her daughter-in-law.
Something tells me that Tasar went to their house and picked up him mom to bring her, whatever his father had to say about it. So he would help his mom "fight" old Karama, if old Karama tried to stop her.
Finally, I'm glad to see that Kapoor found a way to interject her own culture into this so it wasn't a totally one-sided thing.
It somehow came off naturally

"Reagan, it appears, is really only an ardent unionist if the unions in question are in Poland" - Stephen King, Skeleton Crew
Gul Re'jal is offline   Reply With Quote