View Single Post
Old November 28 2011, 03:10 AM   #2426
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

shivkala wrote: View Post
Waid has done some pretty awesome stuff. And then he did his second run on Flash...

As I said earlier in the thread, the Waid and Kitson Legion of Super-Heroes was really, really good (though the middle of their two major arcs was just good). I get that people are happy having Levitz back and all, but he's not my cup of tea. Not only did Waid and Kitson tell an amazing story, but they really took a unique view of the Legion. I forget who did the art during Bedard's issues (man were those boring!), but I was pleased to see Manpaul take over the art chores. His style on the book wasn't great, but it was miles above Kitson's replacement.

I still want to know what happened to Cosmic Boy, though. That looked like it would have been an amazing story.

Kitson's website lists Amazing Spider-Man as his current job.

I actually wouldn't have minded seeing a Waid-Johns-Rucka-Morrison take on the New 52, with help from Giffen. It worked really well for 52.
And bring back Tom Peyer! And Hourman!

As I understand Shooter's rambling-ass plot summary on his blog, the plan for Cos was that he was gonna come back with the Knights Tempus to stop the Legion from stopping Evil Projectra, because Evil Projectra winning was important for the chain of events which lead to the 41st century's status quo.

Dunno if I actually like it, maybe it would've been good in execution, though. Like I said, I think the Shooter run is underrated (and, at least, not adequately handicapped for the fact it was thrown under a bus). It wasn't exactly great. The Infinity Net was a good idea middlingly executed (giving rise to some exceedingly goofy visuals, including the Net's scanner-ripper "soul gun" thing).

You know what I just realized? The Threeboot Legion only ever fought one (1) supervillain--Praetor Lemnos--in fifty issues. Everything else was a faceless threat (Dominators, the Infinity Net's destroyers) or each other.

But that tied into what I liked best about it, I suppose--the Legion was a giant organization too, pitted against rival giant organizations.

Last edited by Myasishchev; November 28 2011 at 03:21 AM.
Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote