View Single Post
Old November 28 2011, 02:15 AM   #2424
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Waid has done some pretty awesome stuff. And then he did his second run on Flash...

As I said earlier in the thread, the Waid and Kitson Legion of Super-Heroes was really, really good (though the middle of their two major arcs was just good). I get that people are happy having Levitz back and all, but he's not my cup of tea. Not only did Waid and Kitson tell an amazing story, but they really took a unique view of the Legion. I forget who did the art during Bedard's issues (man were those boring!), but I was pleased to see Manpaul take over the art chores. His style on the book wasn't great, but it was miles above Kitson's replacement.

I still want to know what happened to Cosmic Boy, though. That looked like it would have been an amazing story.

Kitson's website lists Amazing Spider-Man as his current job.

I actually wouldn't have minded seeing a Waid-Johns-Rucka-Morrison take on the New 52, with help from Giffen. It worked really well for 52.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote