View Single Post
Old November 27 2011, 08:52 PM   #177
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

shivkala wrote: View Post
^
I just commented in the DC thread about how I tried Daredevil. The comic is still fairly new, and I picked up issues #1-4 at my comic shop. It's really a lot of fun and a good starting point, too. While I have been collecting comics for the past 10 years (after taking a 3 year break from fall of 1998-Summer 2001), I have largely been collecting DC comics, with a few Marvel exceptions. This is my first time really reading a DD series and while author Mark Waid does mention the recent past history of the character, the series itself is an attempt to move beyond that and back to a less encumbered character. At lot of people around the internet whose opinions I trust in regards to comics sang the praises of this book, so I had to give it a try and I'm glad I did.
yeah, i think Daredevil is a very underrated and overlooked book. especially with all the X-Men shenanigans and new stuff like Incredible Hulk #1 and FF #600. the previous 'big' Daredevil story, Shadowlands, was pretty bleak so i'm glad they're getting back to basics.