View Single Post
Old November 25 2011, 06:26 AM   #37
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Re: Comparing the regular Borg to Lore's Rogue Borg

Tiberius wrote: View Post
Sorry, I just don't buy that the Borg who are assimialted look different to the Borg who are grown in maturation chambers. There's no reason to believe it apart from the difference in appearance between the pre-FC and post-FC Borg.

And even then, the idea is shot down by the fact that the FC style Borg are the type that has been assimilated as an adult (remember Ensign Lynch?), so that means that if the other look for the Borg is the "grown in a maturation chamber" kind, why did Locutus look like that?

We've seen an adult assimilated and look like the old style, and we've seen an adult assimilated and look like the new style. So I don't see how there's any justification for it.
I'm not saying they look different, I'm saying that there are two types of Borg that are different in origins: The ones who were never individuals (the baby Borg, Hugh and his group) and the assimilated ones who were individuals.

They can't all be forcefully assimilated, because then the Collective would be under THEIR control and not be aggressively assimilating everything.
Anwar is online now   Reply With Quote