View Single Post
Old November 24 2011, 12:38 PM   #110
7thsealord
Captain

Re: OTHER Starship Captains - Symbolism, Foreshadowing & Plot Devices

Cap'n T. I will start with a quote of mine, usually attributed to Sigmund Freud.

"Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar."

Having looked at your above effort a bit more, this seems especially relevant.

Let's see ....

McCoy grumbles. Hooo, that is suspicious.

A Star Fleet vessel detects something unusual, inferred to be of an advanced technological nature, and SFC sends Enterprise to investigate further. Yeah, definite ulterior motives there.

Spock remarks on soil fertility, and both he and Kirk seem to find this especially noteworthy. Wow.
Then again, refer a previous post of mine - Maybe the soil is so fertile because of Vaal turning all those other ships and landing parties into landfill?

Something funny starts to happen to his ship (cause unknown), and Kirk considers beaming the landing party back up. Yeah, I can see how that would be strange.

Later, when the cause is suspected to be something on the planet surface, Kirk decides to investigate further rather than beaming up. Again, most strange.

And ....

I am very very sorry, Cap'n T. I have, or had, enjoyed most of our discussion on this thread. But this set of "facts" of yours is actually becoming mentally painful to read.

Wading through and rebutting it step by step is simply no fun at all for me. Instead, with abject apologies, I'm just going to opt out of this particular thread. Talk with you on one of the others, hopefully. Sorry.

Last edited by 7thsealord; November 24 2011 at 12:49 PM.