View Single Post
Old November 24 2011, 10:41 AM   #169
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
^ That's 'cause it was awesome. Again House of UIster they assumed that Johnny had died and carried on as such. There was no way to find out if he was alive or not at the time. They reacted the way anyone would under the circumstances. The story wasn't intended be the death of Johnny Storm. If it was then Hickman would have killed him and we'd have got a body and everything. Johnny was "lost" or more accurately as I stated assumed dead. Not sure why you're having this much trouble comprehending this. If you didn't like it that's all well and good but Johnny was never meant to die and no one really thought he did die. Again there was no cop out but whatever. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Also you want Joe Q and his tyrannical decisions and policies back? No thanks.
Whatever his shortcoming. Quesada was able to instill a modicum of editorial and writer discipline. Under him, "change" actually meant something not something to be swept away like we saw with most of Fear Itself the moment it ended and the same was true for deaths.

This story would never have passed muster under him.
Uhm, whaaa--? How about the death of Captain America?