View Single Post
Old November 23 2011, 11:22 PM   #51
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: Booster Gold (SyFy)

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
I don't know anything about the character, but, with that premise write-up, and it being a SyFy possible show/movie, I would be surprised if they didn't go for an outrageous comedy. Would fans of the character be happy with that approach?
Booster Gold is a C-List DC comic book character and member of the Justice League. He's from the distant future (the 25th or 26th century, IIRC) and has traveled back to the present day.

Booster Gold is a regular human being but uses technology to give him Superman-like powers like strength, speed, and some degree on invulnerability. He's also in some interpretations "only in it for the money" and will take on endorsements and advertisements on his costume. Think of Greg Kinnear's character in Mystery Men.
It's not just that he uses tech from the future. He stole the tech. He was working as a night watchman at a science museum, where he liberated the tech, a time machine, and his security droid. I imagine an ongoing subplot could be someone from the future trying to track him down.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended. - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote