View Single Post
Old November 23 2011, 05:22 AM   #234
AviTrek
Fleet Captain

Re: the state of sf/f TV development for 2012-13

jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
not for the usa market yet. but maybe it will get picked up here too:

LONDON -- U.K. shingle Kudos Film and Television is to develop a remake of what it hopes will be another high-profile Scandinavian TV drama, Swedish sci-fi skein "Real Humans."

Both the format and international rights to "Real Humans," produced in Sweden by Sveriges Television (SVT) and Matador Films, have been acquired by Shine, which owns Kudos.

The 10-part "Real Humans" is due to bow on SVT in early 2012.

Story focuses on a new generation of robots, so-called "Hu-bots," so advanced it is almost impossible to distinguish them from people.

Created and written by Lars Lundstrom, "Real Humans" is helmed by Harald Hamrell and Levan Akin.
Kudos to remake 'Real Humans'
Swedish sci-fi skein to bow on SVT
I bet BBCA picks up the US rights.

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Here's something interesting:

The Walking Dead
executive producer Gale Ann Hurd developing Area 51 drama.
From zombies to aliens. The Walking Dead executive producer Gale Anne Hurd and her Valhalla Entertainment have optioned Annie Jacobsenís book Area 51: An Uncensored History of Americaís Top Secret Military Base for a potential TV series. The hourlong project, which will be taken out to the networks shortly, will be written by feature scribe Karl Gajdusek. It will follow two men working on the base who are thrust into danger when they uncover secrets that the government will protect at any cost.
Two men? Not trying for the Mulder & Scully thing? Then again, there's no reason they couldn't, with two guys. Time to start taking risks! Especially if this ends up on cable, where it needs to be.

I'll add it to the Big List when & if a network picks it up. (I wonder if AMC might be interested - but they already have an aliens-on-Earth show in development.)
I bet AMC takes a look at this too. Given their production approach it wouldn't shock me to see them look at a bunch of different alien pitches and then pick the best one to go to pilot.
AviTrek is offline   Reply With Quote