View Single Post
Old November 23 2011, 03:55 AM   #537
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

I've just started the show. My mother gave me the 1st 2 seasons on DVD for my birthday last week. So far, I'm up to episode 7, "Introduction to Statistics." Already, I would put the show in the absolute top tier of my all-time favorites, along with Action, Arrested Development, Frasier, NewsRadio, Wonderfalls, Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge, etc.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
That's what I mean. I don't think there is any respect for this show and it's quality. No one really knows about it because of low promotion. The cast can only do so many interviews and little video things. It takes the marketing prowess of a major network to promote a show. "Community" deserves more respect from them in my humble opinion.
I'm not sure how you would promote Community. It's a show that's very difficult to display in a 30 second spot since so much of it is about building the overall tone. The context is what makes it funny. You kinda need to see a whole episode to really get it (or have an inexplicably weird sense of humor, like me).