View Single Post
Old November 23 2011, 03:36 AM   #104
Captain Tracy
Commander

Re: OTHER Starship Captains - Symbolism, Foreshadowing & Plot Devices

7thsealord wrote: View Post
Cap'n T, if I might weigh in, your analogy is full of holes.

IF that doorbell had been deliberately booby-trapped to harm anybody who used it, was known to have killed at least one other evangelist (and Ghod knows how many others - we only know aboiut Federation ships, I note) and the others then disarmed said doorbell - that might actually come close to portraying the actual situation.
7thsealord wrote: View Post
Cap'n T, if I might weigh in, your analogy is full of holes.

IF that doorbell had been deliberately booby-trapped to harm anybody who used it, was known to have killed at least one other evangelist (and Ghod knows how many others - we only know aboiut Federation ships, I note) and the others then disarmed said doorbell - that might actually come close to portraying the actual situation.
7THSEALORD - As Vaal was not booby-trapped, nor was the doorbell in the hypothesis.

To clarify: Just as Vaal gives off known and harmful emissions, so to does our illustrative example of featuring the electrically faulty doorbell.

Said emissions are only dangerous to the trespassing invaders of posted private property, who in their self-righteous fever, by-pass and ignore all warnings and notices.

Just as it was with Vaal, so is the example.

Also, Re-hypothesising another stated hypothesis does not negate, nor disprove anything; nor does it serve to support any counter-opinion, yet unheard, any more effectively than stating:

" IF may Aunt had a Winkie, she'd be my Uncle".

Therefore, the only 'holes' are the ones you are ATTEMPTING to create with your own stipulated "IF", supplied by your own hand,... but of course! LOL!