View Single Post
Old November 21 2011, 07:11 AM   #33
AliciaD496
Fleet Captain

View AliciaD496's Twitter Profile
Re: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 Movie Discussion

Well I went and saw the movie on a Saturday morning matinee ($6 admission is pretty hard to beat without waiting for a $1 theater, and I'm not sure where one is around here). Anyway...wasn't as crowded as either New Moon or Eclipse was, but the crowd was sizable considering the 9:20 start.

Honestly I think Eclipse was a better movie than this was, it was just filmed better and didn't have much of a lull unlike Breaking Dawn. I think that's part of the problem with splitting it into two parts, if it were all one movie it'd be a complete story, but since it's split it's not. Being a girl I enjoyed the wedding part (her dress WAS gorgeous, as was the wedding itself) but got a little bored with the honeymoon stuff until her discovery. The whole pro-life/pro-choice argument was a bit trite (we all knew which side would win considering the writer and how the book played out) and I didn't remember it being so preachy pro-life in the book, but maybe I misremembered. I'm a little disappointed that I have to wait a year, but supposedly they haven't even begun the post-production on Part 2 yet so I can understand.