View Single Post
Old November 17 2011, 02:43 AM   #2265
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Red Hood and the Outlaws #3.

Kori, the former princess who lost everything except her dignity and her self-worth.
Now granted, I didn't read past the first issue of this book, but um.....that runs completely contrary to Starfire in the first issue where her dignity and self-worth were completely non-existent.
I don't think the portrayal of Kori in the first issue is inconsistent with the flashback here. For plot reasons, the Outlaws have to give up their most cherished memories for safekeeping, and a 4,000 year-old monk reviews them. Kori's cherished memory is of the gladiatorial combat she was forced to endure as a child. Battered, beaten, and forced to beg, she kills a gladiator who is much taller than her, who outweighs her significantly, and then threatens to kill three more just like him. It was a moment when she got to announce to a hostile universe that this is the person that she is, and no amount of degrading and depraved combat is going to take that away from her, a Princess of Tamaran. Lobdell's Kori knows who she is, she knows what she wants, and she's going to take it, and it's pretty clear by this point that she's playing a long game for her own reasons.

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
As for Jason, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's
Not even close.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote