View Single Post
Old November 16 2011, 08:11 PM   #69
Captain Tracy
Commander

Re: OTHER Starship Captains - Symbolism, Foreshadowing & Plot Devices

siskokid888 wrote: View Post
Captain Tracy wrote: View Post
Well basically you can't support it, except it cases where the natural evolution and order of a culture was interfered with by the Federation agents, and THAT idea is whole problem on to itself. KIRK breaking the PD, is an unsupportable position position, as it is motivated by story-telling and then 'supported' by justifications which are flimsy at best, but support the sotry, nor the PD.

How about giving me a specific from an episode to exam, as I did for you?

Alrighty, how about this - "The Enterprise Incident" - is Starfleet and the Federation acting simply in self defense by broaching Romulan Territory and stealing their property, or are they an interfering, colonial minded super power trying to keep potential competitors weak?
KIRK, operating as an agent of SFC, is without a doubt, and by virtue of their actions and intent, and by their own on-screen volition:

SPYING, BREAKING PEACE TREATIES, VIOLATING TERRITORIES, AND CONDUCTING SABOTAGE.

And yes, you are quite correct, as played in the episode, the episode is just another of an Imperialist/Expansionist government body, stepping on the necks of others in their 'competition' with them.

But SISKO, that question had NO DILEMMA,... I think I got ripped off LOL!