View Single Post
Old November 10 2011, 05:10 AM   #31
DakotaSmith
Fleet Captain

View DakotaSmith's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to DakotaSmith Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DakotaSmith Send a message via Yahoo to DakotaSmith
Re: OTHER Starship Captains - Symbolism, Foreshadowing & Plot Devices

Captain Tracy wrote: View Post
I'd really like hear what both you and 7THSEA have to say on Commodore Stone.
Well, he's kind of a weasel ... but to be honest, that's the kind of white-washing that goes on from time to time in real life.

Had Jack Webb produced Star Trek, we would no doubt have had a conversation about how Kirk can't be excused from prosecution and that it's only fair. However, this was GR's Star Trek, so Stone wanted to sweep it under the rug rather than deal with a scandal.

Having worked lots of places where this happened, I don't really fault Stone for it. It's common procedure when a scandal that might impact a company is involved. You deal with it internally, and you shut up about it otherwise.

And besides, even though he's black, Commodore Stone could be a descendant of mine, so I have to be lenient with him.

Dakota Smith