View Single Post
Old November 6 2011, 05:32 PM   #840
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Re: Movies Seen in 2011

Tiptoes: A woman (Kate Beckinsale) finds out she's pregnant, then discovers that her boyfriend's (Matthew McConaughey) family is made up of dwarves and that her child might turn out to be one. The movie follows all the problems and concerns brought about by this revelation. Gary Oldman is also in the movie as a dwarf. Watching him and trying to figure out how they made him small is both impressive and distracting. I enjoyed the movie, but it's not well liked by those who've seen it. In fact, the director himself doesn't like it and hasn't seen it due to changes he was forced to make by the movie's financial backers. Gary Oldman playing a dwarf is also an issue. Although many are impressed by his performance, others feel that the role should have gone to a real dwarf.

Father of Invention: It was an enjoyable movie. It stars Kevin Spacey as an inventor who just got out of jail and is trying to get back on his feet. It has an all-star cast that includes Heather Graham, Johnny Knoxville, John Stamos, Virginia Madsen and Craig Robinson, but I got it mainly because of Camilla Belle. This, like a number of her other movies, failed to get a theatrical release. I've yet to do enough digging to find out why.

Fun Fact: There is a funny scene involving Spacey and Michael Rosenbaum. Both played Lex Luthor.
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote