View Single Post
Old November 5 2011, 04:24 AM   #39
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Question about Batman's tactic in Dark Knight

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Joker wrote:
So, who's it going to be: Harvey Dent's most wanted scumbag collection, or the sweet and innocent civilians? You choose...
Again, Harvey was the (a) DA. All criminals in the prison system are "his" and I doubt the joker is going to be one to parse his words when it comes to distinguishing between a murderer and a car thief.

Yeah, the scene was mostly about challenging your preconceptions by having the frightening criminal be the one who makes the clear moral choice, so in that sense I can see how people might find it a bit preachy and unrealistic, but I still liked it.
And what made interesting was how on the prisoner boat the stand-out prisoner stood out and easily made the "right" choice, where as on the civilian boat the civilians actually considered blowing up the detonator and the most vocal of the civilians actually made an active attempt to use it!

Funnily, no one considered that The Joker had gave them their OWN detonator and just played the "you have the other one" card to see what would happen. Hell, it wouldn't have even had been beyond The Joker to have still blown the other boat up at the end just because of his love of chaos.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote