View Single Post
Old November 4 2011, 04:40 AM   #200
Admiral Shran
Admiral

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
BASHIR: I mean, for all we know, you really were sent by the Prophets.
O'BRIEN: I was sent by Commander Sisko.
Oh, so you were sent by the Emissary. Well, that makes all the difference.

Distorted Humor wrote: View Post
Two decent things - one Bashir/O'Brian

Two - Cute Bajorian teen.
Yeah, that's about it.

The Storyteller is a bad episode, clearly ripped from the TNG production schedule and transplanted onto DS9. Like TheGodBen said, it has nothing to do with the Bajor we know, even by this point in the series.

Supposedly, this village has been struggling with this monster for decades because they needed a common enemy to fight against in order to unite them. Ummm.... are we forgetting a non-artificial common enemy that this village would have had for those decades? Here's a hint as to what that enemy was.... CARDASSIANS! Why the hell would this village need the Dal'Rok to unite against during the Occupation?!

Now I'm not quite as harsh on the episode as to give it 1/10, mostly because I don't think the Sirah is quite as devious as TheGodBen makes him out to be. I'd probably give it a 3/10. It's definitely not the worst of Season One.