View Single Post
Old November 1 2011, 11:04 PM   #244
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

^^ Or a better entry strategy.

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
The History Channel special draws a parallel to terrorism. Apparently, more than half the zombie apocalypse movies ever made have come after the terrorist attacks of 2001.
Good to know they're featuring some intelligent content. That channel has about as much history nowadays as Syfy has science.
Tell me about it. History Channel used to be one of my favorites until it became all truckers and swamp folk and crap like that. As I watched the Zombie special, it seemed to me that they were using the Zombie fad to throw a bunch of history at people (i.e. kids) to hopefully get them interested. Good idea.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
You could say the same thing about superhero movies. And I'm sure someone could explain how that is also connected to terrorism. Maybe there's a connection but I wonder sometimes if a cigar is just a cigar.
Well, there was more to their argument than that.

Garak wrote: View Post
I disagree, I think it's the dire circumstances and uncertainty of survival that makes the show great. Besides, humanity is overrated when the vast majority of people on the planet are trying to eat you.
In my opinion, it's the handful of survivors holding onto their humanity in the face of the dehumanized horde.

Crawlers are much more manageable, and it's not like they're going to stick around long enough for the rope to break.
As World War Z taught us, crawlers are more dangerous because they sneak up on you. Also, they really should be killing every Zombie they can, because it reduces the total Zombie population bit by bit.