View Single Post
Old November 1 2011, 05:15 PM   #28
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: How big were TWOK's "cargo bays" Khan spoke of?

jayrath wrote: View Post
SpookingDaniel wrote: View Post
IIRC, Mike Okuda didn't have a thing to do with STII. And more to the point, why would they go back to the Bontany Bay and fit the seatbelts/cargo straps from that ship to an Enterprise cargo container?

The Botany Bay was designed with detachable cargo modules. I always assumed it was one of them.
Agreed. Strongly.
My photo proves otherwise.

MrJ wrote: View Post
So I'd take whatever Okuda says about ST II with a grain of salt.
Mike isn't perfect, but I'd rather take what he has to say at face value instead of the opinions of some person on an internet bulletin board who has no past experience in a ST production.

Also, I always thought that the Cargo containers were from the Enterprise, but the Botany Bay was also sent down to the surface but dismantled for supplies for Khan and his followers to build permanent shelters. It's just we never saw what was left of the Botany Bay, either because it was obscured by the sand and dust, or the Enterprise cargo containers were the only thing to survive the devastation caused by the explosion of Ceti Alpha Six.
Um, do you have any canon proof whatsoever about this, or is this just your opinion?