View Single Post
Old October 31 2011, 09:41 PM   #165
DakotaSmith
Fleet Captain

View DakotaSmith's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to DakotaSmith Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DakotaSmith Send a message via Yahoo to DakotaSmith
Re: Planet of the Titans U.S.S. Enterprise

Amazing work. Interestingly enough, I rather wish they'd gone with this design for the E-D. I've always thought that (intentionally or otherwise) the E-D shared many of the same general lines as this ship. Unfortunately, the E-D wound up with a big, duck-billed primary hull that kind of makes the design less attractive, IMHO.

This design, with the circular rather than ellipse-shaped primary hull looks much nicer.

Who knows ... 30 years from now when it occurs to someone to reboot TNG a la TOS, perhaps a design like this will find a place.

I definitely like the telescoping radar dish, but I'd probably place it directly behind the bridge rather than off to one side. Something about symmetry in starships feels sleeker to me.

Dakota Smith

DakotaSmith is offline   Reply With Quote