View Single Post
Old October 31 2011, 05:27 PM   #608
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: Captain America: The First Avenger-Review, Discuss, Grade, Sequel,

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
23skidoo wrote: View Post
- I punched the air when I saw they incorporated the Howling Commandos into the story, though they missed a bit by not including Nick Fury's dad (though already having Stark Sr. that might have been pushing things a bit).
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of saying for all these characters who existed in WWII that suddenly it was their dad, just because the comics are still being written all these years later. Frankly, I prefer the alternate dimension explanation.
The reason I brought that up is of course because the original Howling Commandos had the original Nick Fury as a member, but obviously we can't have Samuel Jackson's version of the character having fought in WWII, so the father angle would be the only way for it to work.

One thing I forgot to mention that did make me sad is the fact the film ends with Cap moving forward in time. I'd have liked to have seen more adventures with him and the Howling Commandos, Tommy Lee Jones' general and, of course, Hayley Atwell. Maybe Dum-Dum and Peggy and the others were so upset at losing Cap they had themselves cryogenically frozen? Naah...

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote