View Single Post
Old October 31 2011, 11:44 AM   #692
Lonemagpie
Writer

Re: Hallowe'en Reading and Viewing - 2011

Reading Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill, and a collection of MR James stories (which I also need to do for work)

Over the weekend watched:

A bunch of Munsters episodes (Far Out Munsters, BTW, is by far the worst in the series)

Omen IV: The Awakening, cos it was in the Pentalogy set which I've had for a couple of years and I'd never watched it (having stopped with the original Trilogy. It was fucking awful. Came over like somebody had had an idea for a horror flick based on a medical quirk, which could have been interesting, but then decided to tie it in to the Omen films and do it all on the cheap even by TV movie standards... (Having said that, I don't have a problem with the little girl that everyone finds so annoying - she's *supposed* to be annoying, and so is doing it right.)

The Omen (2006) - not bad, but I prefer the original. Liev Schrieber is more naturalistic than Gregory Peck, though.

Ghostwatch - also for professional reasons, and nostalgia. It still holds up, and in fact my wife Lesley got so into it that she wanted to call into the programme... I had to remind her about two-thirds through that it was a) not real, and b) 19 years ago!

Sapphire & Steel story 4 - the one with the photographs. This should really be remade, as the implications in our modern CCTV and phone-camera obsessed society would be even scarier.

Dunno what to watch today/tonight- probably the Dr Who story The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit, and a movie or two.

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is online now   Reply With Quote