View Single Post
Old October 30 2011, 04:20 PM   #144
Relayer1
Commodore

Re: Questions for Bring Back Janeway Panel

Brit wrote: View Post
I have no quarrel with you not missing Janeway, but conversely I do miss her and I have every right to expect to be able to purchase Paramount Licensed Books that have that character included. It isn't the character’s fault that you don't like the Christy Golden books; it isn't even the character's fault that you dislike her. If the Kirsten Beyer books are vibrant, they would have been just as vibrant with Kathryn Janeway, in fact in one sense they are because Afsarah Eden shares most of the same attributes.

Voyager needs all her characters, including Tuvok and Janeway, those are the stories that I will be happy to purchase.

There can be books about Kathryn Janeway written that would satisfy her fans and you would never have to open one, but the way it is right now we don't have the privilege to do this at all. All we are saying that we are fans and should be considered too.
To be frank your 'expectations' re Paramount are unrealistic - a busineses only responsibilities outside legal restrictions are to make as much profit for the boss/shareholders, and to screw the workforce over wherever possible, reducing costs. Everything else is window-dressing. You have no right (and nor do I) to expect ANYTHING will be included, or that novels will even be produced.

I did admit that if Ms Beyer does bring Janeway back that I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't find her Janeway less annoying than the one in the show. I therefore have no strong feelings either way about her return, but you will probably find that is true of most Trek fans, and that does not add up to a whole lot of pressure for her return.