View Single Post
Old October 29 2011, 10:02 PM   #135
Chuckling
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Questions for Bring Back Janeway Panel

Kathryn J. wrote: View Post
Kirsten Beyer wrote: View Post

Am I the only one who can't look at that picture now without thinking of the recent GOP debate in Vegas? Damn you, CNN.

Best,
Kirsten
Kirsten, there might be the Americans thinking of politic debates seeing pix of LV (so you recognized the location ), but there are lots of Star Trek, ST: Voyager and Janeway fans who think about wrong politics "made in the 24th century" by celebrating -almost worshipping- war, destruction and genocide in recent Trek lit and "Abram's Trek".
You mustn't forget that Janeway has thousands of fans outside the United States. A part of them is on the BBS, a lot of them (more than 850 now) in our Facebook group.
To them this picture means a final happy ending of Full Circle's prologue as well as Isabo's Shirt.
Kirsten, did you know, when I suddenly found myself in "Venice" there - MY only thought was thinking about your novel. (Thankfully I had my action figures with by chance.) I'm convinced that Janeway being with the Q won't rest until she would be able to break out and become herself again.

@Chuckling: I want to see Janeway being brought back to Trek lit.
I would like to see a new Trek movie with Janeway in it too, of course. In canon Janeway isn't dead anyway.

"We all know that in science fiction nobody is really dead. They can be brought back every time."
Scott Bakula at FedCon XX

When you HONESTLY want to know WHY we want to have Janeway back and you would be open minded and added to this WILLING to get to know it, then I suggest you to thoroughly read here: http://www.newearth-jcparadise.de/br...ck_janeway.php
Following the included links you'll get a complete view on the topic.
You're making some almighty large assumptions there Kathryn J. ! I've looked at your website more than once plus I've checked out what you've been saying elsewhere (including in Europe). I'm also aware that your posts in Europe quite often don't get any responses at all.

When you HONESTLY want to consider the situation and WILLLINGLY consider the realities of the situation, you will realize that even a few thousand people do not mount up to a rebellion in the scheme of things!

An author may get 1 or 2% of the cost of any book. Most of the rest of that money goes into publishing and marketing costs. Even a thousand people buying that book would not make it worth publishing. Publishers need far more than that to make it worth their while to incur the original costs involved in putting a book out to the public.

You're doing a fine job of writing about Janeway yourself and enjoying the *Star Trek* universe through your own perspective. So why don't all of those people on your Facebook page start writing what you would like to have happen and share it around among yourselves so in your world, you get to have things the way you want them to be.

http://koffeeklub.net/kj/

It's been done before and you can do it again.

Congratulations on bringing *Star Trek* fans together and on uniting them to enjoy their part of the *Star Trek* universe!

Now...make it so!

Chuckling