View Single Post
Old October 29 2011, 05:53 PM   #130
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile
Re: Questions for Bring Back Janeway Panel

Kathryn J. wrote: View Post
Kirsten Beyer wrote: View Post

Am I the only one who can't look at that picture now without thinking of the recent GOP debate in Vegas? Damn you, CNN.

Best,
Kirsten
Kirsten, there might be the Americans thinking of politic debates seeing pix of LV (so you recognized the location ), but there are lots of Star Trek, ST: Voyager and Janeway fans who think about wrong politics "made in the 24th century" by celebrating -almost worshipping- war, destruction and genocide in recent Trek lit and "Abram's Trek".
You mustn't forget that Janeway has thousands of fans outside the United States. A part of them is on the BBS, a lot of them (more than 850 now) in our Facebook group.
To them this picture means a final happy ending of Full Circle's prologue as well as Isabo's Shirt.
Kirsten, did you know, when I suddenly found myself in "Venice" there - MY only thought was thinking about your novel. (Thankfully I had my action figures with by chance.) I'm convinced that Janeway being with the Q won't rest until she would be able to break out and become herself again.

@Chuckling: I want to see Janeway being brought back to Trek lit.
I would like to see a new Trek movie with Janeway in it too, of course. In canon Janeway isn't dead anyway.

"We all know that in science fiction nobody is really dead. They can be brought back every time."
Scott Bakula at FedCon XX

When you HONESTLY want to know WHY we want to have Janeway back and you would be open minded and added to this WILLING to get to know it, then I suggest you to thoroughly read here: http://www.newearth-jcparadise.de/br...ck_janeway.php
Following the included links you'll get a complete view on the topic.
Ok...if she is not dead in canon...why the bitching? Let Trek lit be the place where Janeway is dead and move on? If you can accept that Trek lit is not the official timeline...then be equally accepting that it is the place that is devoid of her presence. There are plenty of other equally non-canon places for Janeway to contaminate. She's apparently still alive in the STO timeline. Enjoy that universe. If Trek lit has no claim to legitimacy as the carrying on the legacy of the original trek universe then no one should really care what they do.

Let Janeway stay dead in Trek lit so that those of us that enjoy a universe without her can do just that. Get your Janeway fix elsewhere.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote