View Single Post
Old October 29 2011, 06:57 AM   #157
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Lookingglassman wrote: View Post
Did I miss something? In last weeks episode the black guy mentioned the guy he left on the roof in the first episode, "cutting off his own hand to escape". I dont recall this guy reappearing on any episodes after he was chained to the roof. Did he show up with a missing hand? If so what happened to him?
Merle the racist psychopath drug-dealing ex-military ex-con biker appeared in the second episode Guts, and briefly in the third episode Tell it to the Frogs. He cut off his hand with a dull hacksaw to escape the roof (it couldn't cut through the handcuffs or the pipe). When the group, including Merle's brother Daryl, returned to the roof to rescue him, they found his severed hand, burned skin on a stove where he cauterized the stump, and dead zombies indicating that he got away. They later found out that he (presumably) stole the truck they came to Atlanta in, but he did not return to the camp to seek revenge as they expected. He hasn't been seen since then.

However, if they tweak the characteristics of one very significant bad guy from the comic, Merle would be a perfect stand-in for him, especially in the way he seeks revenge:

The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote