Thread: NaNoWriMo 2011
View Single Post
Old October 26 2011, 03:17 AM   #20
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri
Re: NaNoWriMo 2011

Good luck for those doing it!

I "won" last year, finished just over 53K. I'm doing a another re-write on my book from last year, and have been fleshing it out to add length. I intend to get it to a publishable length and actually start submitting it to small publishing houses. Got my first publishing credit under my belt this year, and have managed to find a renewed sense of of writing discipline. November for me will be spent getting last year's book finished now that my very busy summer has ended.

I credit my NaNoWriMo participation for helping me find a writing process that works for me.

I think you can do it, RoJoHen.

Something that worked for me was marking my daily and total word count on a calendar next to the needed pace to hit 50K. Another bit of advice: never stop for the day by finishing a scene, because it could be tough to start the next scene cold. In the second half of the month, I started writing a paragraph or two of a scene before I would stop for the night, so I could easily jump right into it the next day.

Good luck!
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote