View Single Post
Old October 25 2011, 12:54 PM   #399
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

According to Total Film, who got their source from a British news organization called The Express, the next James Bond film, purportedly titled Skyfall, is going to be the least action-oriented Bond film in recent history.

Bond, James Bond has pulled off some tricks in his career but if the rumours are true that director Sam Mendes plans to ditch action scenes in favour of “characterful performances”, then this could be the hardest job 007 has ever had to tackle.
Apparently director Sam Mendes has been nixing several action sequences and instead aiming to focus the film more on its story and characters. According to the source, Mendes is trying to make an Oscar-worthy James Bond film.

I'm not so sure of this approach. While I am extremely excited that we live in a day and age where we're getting a James Bond movie from Sam Mendes and starring the likes of Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes, I am not sure if scaling back the action is going to appease most Bond and modern, mainstream movie fans.

People complained that Quantum of Solace was too action-heavy and felt like a generic action film rather than an authentic Bond film, but I am not necessarily sure that scaling back the action is going to turn the tide. If anything, it could alienate most mainstream audiences even more, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

EON Productions and the Bond production team should be hosting an official press conference any day now. I believe filming is scheduled to start sometime in November.