View Single Post
Old October 24 2011, 06:57 PM   #17
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

Re: The official Michael Dorn weight loss thread!

bbailey861 wrote: View Post
I cannot imagine removing meat entirely form the diet. I cannot condemn Mr. Dorn from doing this as it is a life choice, however from nutirtion point of view, I do not agree with the vegan lifestyle. Protein is too important to ignore and just getting it from pa,nt based products - i.e. nut etc. - is just too limiting. My wife and I do not always have meat - we eat vegetarian as well - but we do not exclude meat either. To each, their own.
Sorry, but you really don't know what you're talking about. I don't know how many vegetarians there are on the Earth, but it must be many thousands. I haven't ingested any animal flesh for over 30 years, and I'm constantly being told that I look at least 10 years younger than my age. That, of course, could be partly genetics, but I am generally very healthy. Other than the occasional slight head cold, and now aching joints in my old age, I couldn't be healthier. I've also lifted weights for 30 years, and I don't think I look sickly.

I don't see what's limiting about a vegetarian diet. I get plenty of protein from plant-based products. Often my choices in restaurants are limited, but those restaurants have lost me as a regular customer, and there are plenty of veg-friendly restaurants to choose from.

I also have avoided the diabetes that are on both parents' sides of the family.

Doug
Doug Otte is offline   Reply With Quote