View Single Post
Old October 23 2011, 03:56 PM   #7
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: DS9 Season 10, ep 10x09 - "Blank Slate"

ACT FIVE

FADE IN:

36 INT. DS9 – RO’S QUARTERS

Beginning close on Ro, as she SCREAMS...

She’s on the floor, having fallen off the sofa in her panic and all-consuming fear, screaming and crying at the memory going through her mind...

Quark is with her on the floor, trying his best to hold her and comfort her, but it’s a hopeless task, she’s SHRIEKing in absolute terror...

She collapses back onto the floor, where the food tray has been toppled and strewn on the floor in her thrashing... her back arches and she WAILS to the heavens...

FLASHBACK – 10x05 “DEEP DOWN”

Ro is barrelled down by an invisible force, throwing her backwards down the length of the corridor...

BACK TO SCENE

Ro shrieks in pain... Quark flutters desperately...

QUARK
Laren... Laren... Oh frinx...
What is it, what’s wrong?

FLASHBACK – 10x05 “DEEP DOWN”

Ro lands hard against the bulkhead, her back CRACKs, she slumps to the ground, her neck at an unnatural angle, her eyes look up and flare in horror...

BACK TO SCENE

And she SCREAMS louder than ever, paralytic with terror... Quark is almost as terrified for her, no idea what to do.
He jumps up and runs to the comm panel, hits it urgently.

QUARK
Computer! Call the Infirmary!
I need somebody in Lieutenant
Ro’s quarters on the double!

Scared, he looks back to Ro, still on the floor...

RO’s POV

As she imagines Taran’atar looming over her on the floor of her quarters, his face twisted in rage...

CUT TO:

37 INT. DS9 – SECURITY CELLS AREA

Taran’atar rages inside one of the cells, thrashing in incoherent fury, battering his arms against the inside of the force field, bellowing like a trapped beast...

Bowers and Cenn stand in the centre, watching warily as the Jem’Hadar turns and grabs an imaginary figure by the throat, raising the invisible form up and slamming it against a wall.

Nearby, Nurse Richter runs a dermal regenerator over Sevak’s green-bruised face...

RICHTER
You should be in the Infirmary.

SEVAK
The Ambassador is in my charge.
I must remain here.

BASHIR (comm)
(urgent)
Kristen! I need you in here!

RICHTER
(taps combadge)
On my way, Doctor!

Making sure Sevak’s face is okay, she runs off to the exit.
Sevak joins Bowers and Cenn, watching Taran’atar...

TARAN’ATAR

Holding the invisible figure up by the throat...

FLASHBACK – 9x21 “THE SOUL KEY”

Taran’atar snaps the real L’Haan’s neck.

BACK TO SCENE

He’s thrown back by the force of the memory, crashing into the force field – he’s too distracted and maddened to even notice. He spins and continues to fight nothing...

38 INT. DS9 – VAUGHN’S QUARTERS

Vaughn sits at his desk, alone in his darkened quarters. He’s concentrating hard on what he’s reading on the screen, although we don’t see what that is at first. Whatever it is, it’s worried him.

He flicks to another page...

COMPUTER
This file is restricted to level
seven security and above. Please
enter authorization code.

Vaughn taps some entries into the computer.

COMPUTER
Code confirmed. Download authorized.

Vaughn reads the classified page... everything he reads is only confirming his worst fears.

During this, we gradually PAN around until the screen and what’s upon it come into view...

It’s an official Starfleet record, showing the face of T’PRYNN, Vaughn’s old Vulcan colleague from Intelligence (8x22 “Greater Good”) in a red TOS-era uniform. The text with the headshot says LT. CMDR. T’PRYNN, DECEASED 2349.

He flicks to another page. This one’s title says KNOWN CASES OF KATRIC POSSESSION. He reads...

VAUGHN (v.o.)
Captain...

39 INT. DS9 – KIRA’S OFFICE

Vaughn stands in front of Kira’s desk, as she sits behind.

VAUGHN
...I think I know what’s wrong
with Mister Taran’atar... and
it’s definitely not good.

On Kira’s worried reaction...

40 INT. DS9 – SECURITY CELLS AREA

Having exhausted himself somewhat from all the thrashing, Taran’atar is now on the floor, slumped into a corner of his cell. He looks up...

...and L’Haan is staring down at him. He stares back...

41 INT. DS9 – INFIRMARY

Ro sits on the bio-bed again. Tears drying on her face as she stares into the middle distance. Bashir is with her...

BASHIR
(delicately)
Just an emotional reaction to
the memory of your past trauma
suddenly reasserting itself.
Physically, you’re fine. Any
pain is purely psychosomatic.

Quark pushes forward protectively to Ro’s side.

QUARK
(snide)
That’s a real comfort, Doctor.

BASHIR
All I mean is, you’ll recover.

Ro hops off the bio-bed onto tentative feet. She pulls herself together, lifts her head, looks him in the eye.

RO
You’re right. All my memories
are back. I’m fine now. Every-
thing’s fine. Thank you, Doctor.

BASHIR
You’re welcome, Lieutenant.

Ro moves to take Quark’s hands, gently and warmly...

RO
Quark... I remember you now.
You were there the first time,
and you were there when I went
through it all again. You’re
always there for me. That’s...
(sweet smile)
...a very attractive quality
in a man.

She leans down, and kisses him gently on the lips. Nothing too intense, but enough to let him know it’s for real.

Then she turns and walks out of the Infirmary. Bashir exchanges a look of sideswiped surprise with the nearby Richter. Quark is happily stunned...

42 INT. DS9 – HABITAT RING CORRIDOR

Ro walks along the corridor, alone. She smiles and nods at the passers-by she recognizes. But the moment they’re gone, the smile drops from her face. She comes to the door to her quarters, presses the control to open the door...

43 INT. DS9 – RO’S QUARTERS

...and walks into her quarters. She’s calm, under control now. Everything’s back to normal.

She looks down at the spilled food from Quark’s tray, covering the floor in front of the sofa, squashed and ground into the carpet from where she landed on it.

She turns away from it and heads to the bathroom.

BATHROOM

She walks in... stops at the sink and looks at herself in the mirror. And stares.

The smooth façade is starting to crack. Her bottom lip quivers. Her eyes wrinkle. She turns to the side...

...to the rubbish bin. She goes to it, pushes open the flap, dives her hand inside, and begins rummaging around.

After a moment of rummaging without success, she pulls out the thing she was looking for... the hypospray.

With a blank expression, she goes back to the mirror, looks at herself, looks at the hypospray...

...and then slowly and deliberately presses it to her neck. She sighs with relief as the painkiller hisses into her system. And she stares at her own reflection...

FADE OUT:

END OF SHOW

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote